Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Candy

Today I am going to participate in one of my new blogger friend's Keeping Creative Kitchens that she hosts on Thursdays. (If I can figure out how to do the link). It is so much fun meeting new friends and Alaina always has good recipies on her blog. (and she has 3 cute little boys and I am partial to boys). My sister Sharlene gave me this recipe a few years ago and I can't tell you how many times I have made it. (This picture is actually Kerri's candy this year because I made a couple of batches and we ate it, therefore, no pictures.) It is so easy and so good and people think you spent a long time on it.

Here are the ingredients.

1 12 oz. package white chocolate chips

1 1/2 cups pretzels (I use the small pretzel sticks and just break them in half)

1 cup nuts (I use peanuts, but you can use mixed nuts or cashews if you want to go gourmet)

1 cup red and green M & M's

All you do is melt the choc chips in a big bowl in your microwave, then add the rest of the ingredients quickly and mix together. Pour the mixture into a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. When it is set and not sticky, simply break into pieces and enjoy!

Everyone loves to get this candy and I like it because it is so easy.

Hope everyone has a Merry Chrismas. I am off to wrap presents. (Every year I forget how long it takes to wrap!)

This is the link to Alaina's Creative Kitchens http://andrew-alaina.blogspot.com/

2 Comments:

Blogger Alaina said...

i'm so glad you joined in! This looks so yummy - what a great gift idea, too!

6:30 PM

 
Blogger Sharlene and Greg said...

I hate, hate, hate wrapping presents. I'm glad you like the candy. I haven't even made my batch this year although I have the ingredients. Merry Christmas. We'll talk to you soon.

7:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home