Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy 37th Anniversary

Today Allen and I are celebrating our 37th anniversary. It just doesn't seem possible that we have been married that long, but just look at these pictures. We were both 20 years old. We just look so young in these pictures. (No, I'm not going to put before and after pictures up, just use your imagination.) We have been so blessed with 3 kids, 5 grandkids, (so far), good health, all of our needs met, and most of our wants. The Lord has truly been good to us and we thank Him for that.







Dad looks so serious and almost sad. ( I guess he really didn't want me to leave)

Look at all the hair Allen has. There was no receding hair line 37 years ago. Della Dotts made our wedding cake. Sharlene, Marvin and Brent Armstrong. (Brent is the pastor of a church in South Carolina)

The Wedding Party - Paula Phillips, Joyce, Susan Phillips, Darlene, me, Allen, Phil, Larry Davis
front row- Richard, Sharlene, Marvin, Brent and Joe.

We are meeting Phil and his wife Barb tonight for dinner. That's about as crazy as we get anymore. (If you guys want to plan us a big 40th party, you only have 3 years!!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharlene and Greg said...

I loved seeing these pictures. I definitely see the resemblance of Kelli's kids and Jeff to Allen. Congratulations to you both. Hope you had a great dinner.

11:16 PM

 
Blogger thumms said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea you were putting those pictures up! I love it!! Happy Anniversary! Love you lots!

9:31 AM

 
Blogger Erin said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary! I sooo enjoyed seeing those pictures of everyone!

3:52 PM

 
Blogger Beverly said...

Happy Anniversary - a little late. I have some of those before pictures too and can't figure out what happen to those "kids" that looked like Gary and me. I haven't posted to my blog in a while and haven't even read the blogs. I had a lot of catching up to do. Anyway - I wish a whole lot more happy years for you and Allen.
--Beverly

7:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home